Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions are designed to protect BOTH Altrincham Catering Equipment Hire Hereinafter known as ACE and their customers. The purpose of the information on this page is to clarify the rights of both parties, especially in regard to quotes, and in the unlikely event of a dispute. Should anything on this page cause you concern, please contact us by telephone to discuss your reservations.
Please remember we are reasonable people with many years experience of successful and positive relationships with our customers.
Title to hire goods
- All equipment and other hire items remain the property of Lace Hire Altrincham Ltd trading as Altrincham Catering Equipment Hire (ACE) 203 Woodhouse Lane East, Timperley, Altrincham, WA15 6AS. Registered in England No. 1929365. Hereinafter known as ‘The Owner (ACE)’
Account settlement terms
- Unless agreed in advance in writing, ACE’s payment terms for account invoices are strictly 28 days from date of original invoice.
- ACE’s payment terms for non-account customers are payment with hire order.
General Hire Terms
- The Owner (ACE) shall not be responsible for any injury or damage to persons or property arising out of the misuse of any equipment under hire.
- The Hirer or the Hirer’s agent(s) shall not part with possession of any of the hired equipment or attempt to assign the benefit of this agreement.
- Breakages and shortages, including boxes and cartons, will be charged for. Where the initial payment has been made by debit/credit card, any further amounts due for breakages eTc, will be charged to the same card.
- An additional handling charge will be made for equipment and packing boxes returned unclean. The amount of this charge will be 20% of the hire price.
- The Owner (ACE) reserves the right to substitute articles of a similar or superior quality.
- Minimum charge; excluding delivery, £20.00. Except during December when the minimum hire charge excluding delivery is £50.00
- Please note that due to The Owner’s (ACE’s) policy of continual investment and improvement of our services prices, sizes and types are for guidance only and are liable to alteration without prior notice.
Standard Hire Period
- Hire prices quoted cover a standard hire period of up to 48 hours. The Owner (ACE) must be informed immediately of any extension in the hire period and the Hirer or the Hirer’s agent(s) shall be charged extra accordingly. Where the initial payment has been made by debit/credit card, any further amounts due for said hire extensions, will be charged to the same card.
- The hire period shall be deemed by The Owner (ACE) to continue until the goods are made available to The Owner (ACE) or returned to their possession.
Extended Hire Period Rates
- Additional 24 hours = one & a third the initial hire rate.
- Weekend rate (Friday to Monday = same as the standard 48 hour hire rate.
- 1 weeks hire = twice the initial hire rate.
Hirer’s duty of care
- The the Hirer or the Hirer’s agent(s) shall be responsible for the security of all equipment and other hire items, from the time of acceptance of said equipment and other hire items until the time it is returned and accepted back into the possession of The Owner (ACE).
- When the equipment is delivered to, or collected by the Hirer or the Hirer’s agent(s), the Hirer or the Hirer’s agent(s) shall inspect the goods and sign the The Owner’s (ACE) contract note. In the event of any discrepancy, the the Hirer or the Hirer’s agent(s) shall endorse the note accordingly at he time of collection or delivery. If the the Hirer or the Hirer’s agent(s) fails to meet this obligation, any equipment will be deemed by The Owner (ACE) to have been collected/delivered in a clean working condition.
- Any person, not the original Hirer or the Hirer’s agent(s), who signs the contract note must be authorised to do so by the Hirer or the Hirer’s agent(s).
- Charges for delivery and collection will be quoted for at the time an order is placed.
- Our delivery service includes delivery and collection to a suitable ENTRANCE. Additional work or assembly of equipment will be subject to a handling charge. The Owner’s (ACE) reserves the right to refuse to carry heavy equipment or furniture up or down staircases.
- When the The Owner (ACE) is requested to take any equipment beyond a ground floor entrance, or collect from within a building, this will only be done on the understanding that this is entirely at the hirers own risk and any accidental damage done to the structure or contents of the premises shall be entirely at the hirers risk..
- Equipment and other hire items must be available for collection at the time and date arranged, extra journeys would incur additional charges.
- No equipment will be accepted/collected by The Owner (ACE) other than that has been hired.
- All furniture (with the exception of garden furniture) is supplied on the understanding that it is for INDOOR USE ONLY. Any water damage will be charged for.
- Care of linen: All linen is supplied laundered and ready for use. Please do not pack used linen away when wet, as within hours linen can be completely ruined and rendered unusable by mildew, to avoid this please soak away stains and then dry. Failure to observe this request will result in additional charges.
This agreement shall be governed by the laws of England & Wales. These Terms and Conditions shall not be varied except by agreement in writing.
Successful functions create memories: trust it to the professionals!
T - 0161 905 1652
Here at ACE we take our environmental responsibilities seriously and are glad to use an energy supplier that is working toward abandoning fossil fuels and nuclear forms of power altogether.
Altrincham Catering Equipment Hire
203 Woodhouse Lane East - Timperley - Altrincham - Cheshire - WA15 6AS
Telephone 0161 905 1652 - Email firstname.lastname@example.org